Annual Membership of VicTESOL includes:
- Biannual VicTESOL Newsletter, containing key information and updates on TESOL in Victoria
- Monthly VicTESOL eBULLETIN containing news and events relating to TESOL and multicultural education
- Subscription to TESOL in Context, the biannual journal produced by Australian Council of TESOL Associations (ACTA)
- Registration at member prices for the biennial ACTA International Conference. The next conference will be held in Melbourne in October 2014
- Members' rates for TESOL specific professional development sessions and state and national TESOL conferences
- Access to the member section of the VicTESOL website
Membership type and annual rate:
- Individual concession (For a full-time student, or a person employed less than 0.5) $55
- Individual $88
- Individual overseas $100
- Institutional 1-4 practitioners* $265
- Institutional 5-8 practitioners** $460
* up to four teachers may attend a VicTESOL event at member rates
** up to eight teachers may attend a VicTESOL event at member rates
As long as these maximums are not exceeded, different teachers from the institution will be able to attend different events throughout the year at member rates
Payment can be made by cheque, credit card or direct debit.
To become a VicTESOL member, please click here for online registration or print, complete and mail the membership form to:
Statewide Resources Centre
150 Palmerston St, Carlton 3053
What some of our members have said...
"Congratulations on a wonderful conference [in September 2009]. It was really fabulous to spend two full days immersed in ESL.The sessions I went to were really valuable and I enjoyed meeting many other teachers too."
"As teachers with a specific focus, we have our own issues and we need a voice. I think you've got to be in it."
"I really appreciate the [VicTESOL] newsletters"
"I really benefit from [VicTESOL]'s affiliation with ACTA because I receive updates on what is going on at the national level, two editions of TESOL in Context each year and an opportunity to attend the biannual ACTA conferences... It is fantastic to be with people who all care deeply about ESL issues."
"I want to get a sense of what's happening 'out there' and that's on a number of levels: practical classroom level, innovations and political directions."